Information On Small Claims

In small claims court, you can sue for money or the return of personal property valued at $35,000 or less, not including interest and costs.

To sue a person or business in small claims court, your lawsuit, called a claim, must fall into one of the two following categories:

A. Claims for money owed under an agreement, such as,

  1. unpaid accounts for goods or services sold and delivered
  2. unpaid loans
  3. unpaid rent
  4. NSF (non-sufficient funds) cheques

B. Claims for damages, such as,

  1. property damage
  2. clothes damaged by a dry cleaner
  3. personal injuries
  4. breach of contract

If you want to sue for more than $35,000, you will have to take your case to the Superior Court of Justice (“civil court”).

Set your categories menu in Theme Settings -> Header -> Menu -> Mobile menu (categories)
Shopping cart
Start typing to see posts you are looking for.